Welcome to mid-March! Temperatures rising around the country and spring in full swing. We've been hard at work and have a great set of updates for you to try out this week. Read on below to see what's new.
🔐 What do we do again?
SafeBase's interactive security status page enables companies to showcase their security practices, automate responses to security questionnaires, and build trust with their customers.
🎺 Webinar Announcement
We are excited to host a conversation with Chris Castaldo, CISO at Crossbeam (Author of Startup-Secure: Baking Cybersecurity into Your Company from Founding to Exit) and Kevin Qiu, Director of Information Security at SafeBase (previously Head of Security at SeatGeek) about how early stage startups can find the right balance between layering on security measures and remaining nimble.
Match 25th 1:00pm PT / 4:00pm ET
We'd love to have you join the event and would appreciate it if you could help us get the word out!
🎊 New SafeBase Team Member
We are excited to welcome Kevin Qiu to the team! Kevin has joined us as our Director of Information Security and is overseeing our internal security program in addition to guiding our product development roadmap. Prior to joining SafeBase, he was a consultant in the financial services world, and helped start the security programs at Jet.com and SeatGeek.
Please join us in welcoming Kevin to the team!
- Role-Based Access Control: you can now limit the permissions to SafeBase based on the account type of the user. You can choose between Admin, Account Manager, and Viewer roles.
- Consent Language for Request Access Flow: we have added a consent check box as part of the access request flow. In addition, we have included links to terms of service and privacy policies of both your company and SafeBase itself.
- SAML 2.0 support: You can now set up enterprise SSO using SAML 2.0 to log into SafeBase. Please let us know if you are interested in setting this up for your account, we'd be happy to help you through the setup process.
🗓️ Coming Up
- Weekly activity summary notifications: you will be receiving a weekly summary of the activity recorded on your status page to provide you insight into how your customers are responding to your page.
- Granular content permission controls: we are adding more granular permissions controls for the content on your status page to help keep sensitive information safe from the public view.
💡How others are using SafeBase
We are hearing from a growing number of our customers and their prospects about their positive experiences when reviewing the security status page during the vendor risk assessment process. Increasing volumes of inbound requests for security information have been met with features that help our customers automate the sharing of material information with the right audiences. Given these exciting trends in usage, we have aligned our immediate future roadmap to improve the sharing experience and allow customers to customize the service to fit their brands even further. We'd love to hear from you about your experience with SafeBase so far and how we can improve it for you.
📥 Feedback + Questions
Your feedback is critical for our product development process. You can reach us by replying directly to this email or sending us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org